Home Research Teaching Service Personal Blog
My Personal Collections
- Chinese Cuisine:
- 福临门（Pearl @ Rancho Bernardo，Emerald @ Convoy，Cantonese，Dim Sum）
- Pearl：11666 Avena Pl., San Diego, CA 92128, 858-487-3388
- Emerald: 3709 Convoy St, San Diego, CA 92111, 858-565-6888
- 御园（Chin's Restaurant，Shanghai Cuisine）：9355 Kearny Mesa Rd, San Diego, CA 92126, 858-536-2302
- 过桥园（Spicy City，Sichuan Cuisine）：4690 Convoy St. #107, San Diego, CA 92111, 858-278-1818
- 小肥羊（Little Sheep Hot Pot，Mongolian Hot Pot）: 4718 Clairemont Mesa Blvd., San Diego, CA 92117, 858-274-2040, http://www.littlesheephotpot.com
- 老正兴（Shanghai City，Shanghai Cuisine）：3860 Convoy St. #105, 92111, 858-278-5883
- Greek Buffet with Belly Dancing show at night:
- ZorBAs （Greek buffet + Belly dancing）：100 Broadway, Chula Vista, CA 91910, 619-422-8853
- Brazilian Steak House: Rei Do Gado Brazilian Steak House, 939 4th Ave, San Diego, CA 92101. -- this one is in downtown area. Many people have strongly recommended it to me. But it is expensive, about $50 per person. So I haven't tried it yet. :P
- 半岛海鲜酒家（New Capital Seafood Restaurant）：140 W Valley Blvd., D-4th Fl., San Gabriel, CA 91776. 626-288-1899
- 大湘园（Hunan Cuisine）：8772 E Valley Blvd, Rosemead, CA 91770, 626-280-8339
- 重庆川菜（Sichuan Cuisine）：1000 San Gabriel, CA 91776, 626-286-0298
- 避风塘潮粤海鲜酒家（Seafood Village Restaurant，Cantonese Cuisine）：684 W. Garvey Ave, Montery Park, CA 91754, 626-289-0088
- 818 烧烤（818 Grill，Tianjin Cuisine）：818 E. Valley Blvd., San Gabriel, CA 91776, 626-307-5128
- 许留山（刀削面，甜品）：250 W. Valley Blvd., Unit #A, San Gabriel, CA 91776, 626-282-8263
From my own opinion, San Diego is best know for the beaches and animals. Below are several places I have been to and really enjoyed myself:
- Sea World. (To see Shamu and interact with the Dolphins and other sea animals.) I personally didn't think it would be so much fun until I saw Shamu the first time. I couldn't see enough of them. They are just way to cute.....
Address: 500 Sea World Dr., San Diego, 92109. Check out the park hour and show schedule from here.
- Coronado Island + Hotel Del Coronado
The beautiful, red-roofed Hotel Del Coronado sits on the beach of Coronado Island and is famous for the Marilyn Monroe move "Some like it hot". It is one of the most romantic thing to do, sitting on the deck of the hotel and oversee the ocean, enjoy a cup of martini and talking to the one(s) you love the most, friends and family.
Address: 1500 Orange Ave, Coronado, CA 92118
This beautiful park is famous for the museums and Spanish architecture. In addition, the botanic garden has many species of exotic plants. Definitely one of the most worthy trip to plan to if you come to San Diego.
Address: 1549 El Prado, San Diego, CA 92101
La Jolla Cove is one of my favorite ocean front sites in San Diego. The cove presents a very different view compared to those beaches where you see endless sands. Here, the waves tirelessly hit the coves, making an extraordinary sound with rhythms. You just want to sit down and relax. You can also see a lot of seals resting on the covers, slothfully.
Address: 1155 Coast Blvd, La Jolla, CA 92037
- San Diego Zoo:
I don't think I have to talk more about this world famous site, the happiest home for all the precious animals. In addition, the zoo is right inside the Balboa park, with great landscaping and exotic plants. Every time I go there, I feel jealous that the animals live in such beautiful places, much better than where I live. :s
Address: 2920 zoo drive, San Diego, CA 92101
Other places you may want to visit are: Legoland and Wild Animal Park. They are a little far from downtown area. But if you plan carefully, you can still manage to see it. :) By the way, San Diego downtown itself would be a great place to see and relax.
San Diego Metro system is not the best. But you can always use this site find how to go to most of the places: http://www.sdmts.com/Tripplanner.asp.
µ Albums click here
Album page is restricted to friends and families. Email me for username and password.