A program sponsored by Los Angeles Chapter of American Society for Information Science and Technology (LACASIS)
Date: Friday, April 22, 2005
Location: Berkeley Art Museum and Pacific Film Archive (BAM/PFA) Durant entrance, (theater and museum café).
Who should attend?
Information professionals who work in museums, in film preservation, in digital archives, in libraries and anyone with an interest in digital images.
Featured speaker: Brian O'Connor, Professor & Coordinator, Interdisciplinary Information Science Ph.D. Program, School of Library & Information Science, University of North Texas.
Featured presenters on cultural heritage digital imaging projects and copyright:
- Ben Blackwell, Principle Photographer, UC Berkeley Art Museum/Pacific Film Archive
- Nancy Goldman, Librarian, UC Berkeley Art Museum/Pacific Film Archive
- Mary O'Connor, Visiting Digital Imaging Specialist, UC Berkeley Art Museum/Pacific Film Archive
- Layna White, Head of Collections Information and Access, San Francisco Museum of Modern Art
- Eric Saxby, Computer Resource Specialist, Berkeley Art Museum/Pacific Film Archive
Registration Deadline: April 11, 2005 (There is a maximum of 50 attendees. Sign up early!)
Costs: No registration fee through generous sponsorship of LACASIS. Museum fee is waived through generous support of Berkeley Art Museum and Pacific Film Archive.
Information on directions, transportation and parking can be found on the BAM/PFA website.
- 9:30 registration/coffee
- 10:00 presentation on image theory by Brian O'Connor and questions
- 11:00 cultural heritage presentations by Ben Blackwell, Mary O'Connor and Nancy Goldman on capturing still images and questions.
- 12:00 lunch break. To register for lunch with an opportunity to talk with speakers, please RSVP on registration form below. A list of nearby alternative lunch on your own venues without speakers will be provided at the program.
- 1:30 – 3:30 attendees divide into breakout groups for satellite tours/presentations/discussions
Information on selected local hotels.
For those who are interested, Layna White will offer a tour of the San Francisco Museum of Modern Art on Saturday, April 23, beginning at 11:30 a.m. If you think you are interested, please RSVP Layna so she can make appropriate arrangements.
Questions? Contact: Layna White, at her SFMOMA phone: 415-612-3272 or by email at lwhite@SFMOMA.org
Registration is limited, there are a few openings left. Please email Layna White at lwhite@SFMOMA.org to register.