a video approximately 1 minute long based
on the following guidelines
Due: Feb. 4
1. Write a short story or recount an event
which involved something that happened to
which was a life-transforming
2. Record this as a voice over onto video
3. Using this narration, make a storyboard
or make a shot list of variety of shots which
"tell" the story.
4. The shots must include: (at least) one
macro, one wide shot, one medium shot, one
one pan or tilt, one change
of focus within the shot (rack focus), and
any other shots you want.
5. Using Final Cut Pro or ProTools Free, first
edit your audio narration, then edit the video
footage to the narration.
No music. No sound effects.
(You may do two versions--one with voice only;
one with music and sound fx).
You may use EQ and audio
processing if you want.
6. Don't forget to record room tone to use
between the audio clips if you space them
out over the sequence.
Have ready to show on mini
DV or vhs tape.